Friday, January 1, 2010

Postcards from Hinterland

So, I have started creating the Postcards from Hinterland. I hope to have about 12 atleast. Each of them have a note from one of the residents of Hinterland. They are all writing to Dara Okat, the founder of Hinterland. Unknowingly, they all speak, in their own words, of the same thing, a sort of awakening of the consciousness.

----

From XX303, Hinterland

My name is xx303. I have made a discovery in Hinterland. I found out that the mind is actually like the earth, it can be excavated, it can be walked on, or it can just be watched from space. Personally, I prefer the third variation. It can also be archaeologically studied. An excavation of mental make-up so to speak. Jealousy, greed, lust, anger, hate and other silly things. This earth we call our mind is a complex piece of machinery. Its designed with a lot of care, a lot of thought. I seriously cant begin to express my inquisitiveness in this existential thing. Its the size of Russia. Up until now, until very recently, when I started looking at my mind from space, I found peace. Not peace of mind. Peace of no-mind. It was refreshing to be thoughtless. Like a sort of throughness, a nothingness. Nothing. Its a lovely little thing once it is understood and above all, experienced. It makes life a lot simpler.

Here in Hinterland we hear your name a lot. We have seen your artwork and read some of your abstract writings. I have been here four years now and I haven’t yet seen you. Your teaching to us has been very much a sort of in absentia type of spirituality. Somehow your energy has translated into the air that is in and surrounds this wonderful piece of earth. Mr. Dara Okat I salute you for translating air. I sincerely hope our paths cross someday because I would like to shake your hand and say,

"Thankyou."