Thursday, January 21, 2010

Oh, and...

...those familiar images that continuously pop up on my Mechana Model A105, those syncs, and out of syncs. Flashbacks from those wandering times deep at night, hours after the 12.03 last. That flickering of communication breakdown, those blurry lines alternating from Alpha Red to Alpha Green, pixel to pixel, colourbars, that monotonous beep like human existence and robots.

I could not make out the colour of my consciousness. Its alright sometimes to see-saw between triphop and doldrums, its not alright to draw parallel lines on nature's progeny. I miss the clips of the sky, short films of flowers, proboscis tracking shots and, oh, the marvels of the earth, my new earth.

The castle is the pink freedom of society and her autumnal children. The diameter of the circle of sleep, like the last movement in the opera, the last kmph, speedometer destroyed beyond repair, hands and posture severing the half-breaks of that little thing we so fondly call revolution.

I'm so RGB, your so CMYK, I'm so method-acting, you're so breakbeat. Its like finding the fault in those milkshakes we often loved under those shacks, late afternoon, thinking of the sun, lost at sea, like rabbits in everlasting gaze.


- Excerpt from "Thoughtless Thoughts: A quiet afternoon, a quiet earth"