Friday, July 10, 2009

Full options

Today I had to go to renew my insurance and as I was sitting there in the car showroom, I was given a glimpse into the materialistic mindset of the middle-class Indian family. Their discussions were mainly about whether they need a CD changer, if so how many CD's, on how they prefer the Vista to the old Indica. They were dropping all sorts of brand names and then it suddenly struck me that I was, when I was Dubai, a willing contributor to this rather bleak world of branding. It sad that these are the things that make people happy today. At 33, I have been gifted with a little insight into another world, a world that very few of us will ever experience, a simpler world, a world where friends are really friends and not facebook friends, a world where I really belong. I cant wait to leave the city. Cant wait. I hope Hinterland clicks.