Wednesday, March 3, 2010

2/3/10

The day I went to Lara's house.

So, I met Lara at Kashi Coffee stall. She was on her Luna. Looking so cool prancing around in His Highness Shiva Ji's megacity. Cool, legs loose, a free spirit. I felt it. The energy was raw, untamed. Beautiful. Like a Lara Croft in Benaras. Supergirl.

We went back to my pad. She sat on the floor eagerly waiting to see Look here, Kunigunda, my Tarkovsky-inspired magnumopus from the pre-man phase. I played it, Ganesh played his pakawaj alongwith the Rachels. A strange southern twist pre-mississippi blues. We spoke a bit about the film afterwards. Then she took the guitar and played a few chords. She invited me over to hers. I was eager to see this instrument she had created, a marriage of the Sarod and an acoustic guitar, 4 strings, numerous sympathetic strings.

We went back to hers on her Luna. Past Gangaji, reflecting the lovely full-moons light. Ripples of earth. Lara mouthing "Abhay niklo yaar" to the rather drunk people on the street, the Holi-hangover partypeople. I told her I could teach her some "gaali's". On a tangent, oh, I just remembered how Pashupathinath ji sang "Gaali mein doongi" and how he repeated numerous times, variations, various nuances. Enthralled and totally zoned out, total macrocosm, magnetic field something +ve, something -ve. Mixed. Gallons of electrons.

Back to her, she began playing songs. She was surrounded by Tablas, a harmonium, a little table with her iPod player and other things. And she started playing... and I wont say anymore words. It was beautiful, really beautiful. Her posture when she was playing the tabla, her hands, blurring between the eyes of time, her head skywards looking at the third eye looking back. Eyes seeing eye to eye. Dissoved in the stillness, an energy I haven't experienced in a long time. She is Lara. Lara Xi. She is Kali's energy in a French outfit.