Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A day of strange serendipitous events...

About yesterday...
So, I got to Aum Cafe as usual in the morning. Marcela was there, her hearty laugh, her positivity, her all-black clothing. Such a wonderful happy soul. We chatted for a bit about this and that and then finally when she scribbled her full name on a piece of paper, I found it strange that her surname was Rossiter and the first four letters of her name Marc. So, who is Mark Rossiter? He is a very good friend of mine in Dubai. He was the protagonist of my film Look here, Kunigunda, back in 2006, all those mad black and white days in Dubai trying to jump off that corporate machine, those lonely days in Ogivly... I needed that outlet. Anyway, so we spoke of the possible genealogical connection and there was Ludwina there who apparently is a psycho-analyst which then made her interested in the film since the film is about the wonders of the subconscious mind. Somehow three of us were connected, informally, though "formally separate". So, they are coming over to watch LHK today...

In the evening, after a few j's and a cookie I made my way to Hayat to meet Gael and friends. I got there, we all connected, it was very peaceful, a few good laughs with Gael, spoke to his friends. I don't remember their names, though. I also had a lovely chat with Mohammed, the Jordanian who runs the restaurant and discussed his love for Oum Khalthoum, her beautiful voice, her different expressions of love, the soul in her music... Suddenly I got a text message from Mohanettan (Paris Mohan). He is dead broke, apparently vomitting blood, no food. Ten minutes later, Gael's friend asked me if I knew Paris Mohan since we were on the subject of tribal life and the films I made in Kerala. How strange. She knows Mohanettan quite well and we connected through that. I wonder how these things happen. Strange connections, funny grids, patterns, all merging into the universal one, the law of nature. Dharma, totality and beyond...