Friday, October 1, 2010

XX1008



It is never easy to put words to what is essentially a subterranean process, or to speak about my work as though I am separate from it. To me, the act of creating these works is a process of evolution, a process that I go through along with the materials I use. And I use the word evolution, not in a linear sense of development, or progress, but as a tangled process that involves chaos, contradictions, emotional fluctuations, transformations and tangential leaps.

Is deterioration as beautiful a process as creation?
Is reality less real than artifice?
Is chaos the perfect symmetry?
Does death point a knowing finger at life?
What does a malignant bloom look like?

I go in search of the answers to these questions, and my sculptures are born along the way. - Sakshi Gupta
---
I'm enjoying the inconsistency of Sakshi Gupta's wonderful art.