Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sabka Malik Ek: Monologue 1

When I met Sai Baba in the Spring of 2010, I had no idea who he was, what his story was or where he came from.. I wasn't equipped with a fancy camera, lights, mics…

When we met, there was an instant karmic connection. Like we were destined to meet. I had to document it. There and then. And to stay true to the material, the film is presented as simply as it was shot. I have tried to map a man's soul, his essence, a set of lessons from a man's life...

That spring in the Himalayas, I listened to Sai Baba talk, he made kawa (chai) and dinner for me. I was introduced to a life of acceptance, of happiness, of love and devotion, of sincerity… and in that seeing and being present, the I-carapace disappeared.

In Sai Baba I found a friend. For life.